ABS Pipes (Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene) are a plastic pipe type that are black in color and are used to drain sinks, tubs, showers, toilets, washing machines, and more. These pipes are also used to vent the drain and waste pipes. A recent study into ABS pipe and fitting components found that after being exposed to household cleaners, it stood up tothem for extended periods of time without any wear. In the same study an experiment was carried out where a section of pipe was submerged in water over a twenty four hour period, after the experiment was completed it was found that the section had only absorbed 0.005 percent of the water, making it the perfect material for use in sewerage systems.
Other ABS qualities:
- Can be connected to other plastic pipe types
- Affordable pipe option. View ABS pipe pipe list
- Lightweight - makes it easy for plumbers to work with which will ultimately cut down on the installation time.
- Strong and Durable - The resistance of ABS plastic to high impacts and temperatures makes it perfect for underground applications.
- Safe - The chemical compound of ABS pipe means that it can happily carry both hot and cold liquids as well as household cleaners and even industrial chemicals.
- No Rusting