- Related Articles
- How to Stop a Dripping Sink
- Fixing a Leaky Sink
- Kitchen Sink Types: A Comparison
- Types of Bathroom Sink Vanities
- Unclog your Sink
- Garbage Disposal: How to Maintain it and Prevent Problems
- Is a Bathroom Vessel Sink Right for you?
- How to Install a New Garbage Disposal
- Sink Strainer Options
- Get to Know Your Kitchen Sink Plumbing
- Drainboard Kitchen Sink: Is One Right for You?
- All Articles
Kitchen Sink: How to Maintain and Prevent Problems
- Once a month, boil a few gallons of water and carefully pour it down the sink. Boiled water is significantly hotter than tap water and it will help dissolve soapy, greasy materials that are coating the walls of your pipes.
- Do not pour grease or fats down the drain.
- Do not wash coffee grounds down the sink. Throw them out.
- Use chemical cleaners sparingly, especially if you have metal pipes. Some chemical cleaners can cause metal pipes to corrode. We do not ever recommend using ANY chemical cleaners.
- Some mild sodium hydroxide or sodium nitrate cleaners may be somewhat effective if used no more than once every few months but we do not recommend any brand of chemical drain cleaner, ever!
- We think using a bacteriological and environmentally safe drain cleaner is the best option for drain maintenance.
Get Free Quotes - Find a Local Plumber to Maintain Your Kitchen Sink
Fill in your details and be contacted within minutes
Some of our Cities: