Water Heater Tax Credits
Tankless water heaters are popular not just because of their cost-saving advantages but also because of their amazing energy-saving qualities. Tankless water heaters, also known as on demand water heaters, are so great because they only heat the water that you need. Unlike traditional heaters which heat your water 24/7, tankless water heaters save you a lot of money and energy. Read more about tankless water heaters here. The Energy Star program extended tax credits to include Energy Star qualified whole-home GAS tankless heaters and gas condensing models in that they prove to be so energy efficient.
- Your tankless heater must be purchased and installed during 2009
- Up to $300 in tax credits
- Save your receipt and the manufacturers certification statement
- Check with the Gas Appliance Manufacturing Association to see if your specific heater is on the list as a qualifying product.
- Installation costs are not included.
Find a licensed plumber to install a new energy savings water heater for your home.